Today we suggest a way to get your own lemon tree making yourselves from the beginning. Save the seeds from a lemon and use them to plant your own lemon tree. Once you’ve removed the seeds from the lemon, keep them moist until you plant in the ground.
- Cut a lemon in half and remove the seeds with the tip of the knife. Rinse the seeds to remove the juice and pulp until only the seeds remain.
- Fill a peat pot with potting soil to germinate. Plant a seed of lemon in each peat pot separately half inch deep and water to keep the soil moist. Covers peat pots loosely with plastic wrap.
- Place the pots in a warm place until the seeds sprout and watering the earth continues to keep it moist. Remove the plastic wrap and place the seedlings in a window that receives sunlight, this stage is important. Keep the seeds in peat pots until the roots have grown down.
- The lemon tree seedlings transplanted to a pot with fresh soil. Plant seedlings of lemon at the same depth it was growing in the peat pot, lemon and water and keep it in a sunny location.
- Also, when the lemon reach a height of 6 inches, transplántalo abroad, where it is sufficient sunlight.
- Add the compost to maintain a healthy lemon tree. Plant the tree at the same depth it was growing in the peat pot.
What we need:
- A lemon
- A knife
- Peat pots to germinate
- Potting soil