The many health benefits that have lemons are known since long ago by humans. Substances, especially citric acid, calcium, magnesium, vitamin C, bioflavonoids, pectin and limonene, which have lemons promote immunity and fight infection.
An outline of the main benefits of eating lemon water could be this:
- Helps digestion -. Lemon juice helps eliminate unwanted compounds and toxins from the body. Because of its atomic composition similar to saliva and the hydrochloric acid of the digestive juices, encourages the liver to produce bile, an acid which is required for digestion.
- Clean your system, it is diuretic -. Lemon juice helps to remove unwanted partly because lemons increase the rate of urination in the body materials. Therefore, taking lime juice toxins are released at a faster pace, which helps maintain a healthy urinary tract.
- Stimulates the immune system -. Lemons are rich in vitamin C, which is great for fighting colds. They are rich in potassium, which stimulates the brain and nerve function. Ascorbic acid (vitamin C) found in lemons has anti-inflammatory effects and is used as a complementary support for asthma and other respiratory symptoms, plus it improves the absorption of iron in the body.
- It balances pH levels -. Lemons are one of the most alkalizing to the body that there are natural foods. Contain both citric acid and ascorbic acid, weak acids readily metabolized in the body allowing the mineral content helps alkalize lemons blood. Disease states only occur when the body’s pH is acidic.
- Clean skin -. Component of vitamin C and other antioxidants, help reduce wrinkles and blemishes and helps fight radical libres.La vitamin C is vital for a healthy and radiant skin, as its alkaline nature kill some types of bacteria known to cause acne.
- It gives you energy and improve your mood -. Energy than a human being receives food comes from the atoms and molecules of food. When the positive charged ions food enters the digestive tract and interact with the enzymes loaded with negative reaction occurs. Lemon is one of the few foods that contain negatively charged ions more, providing your body with more energy as it enters the digestive tract.
- Promotes wound healing -. Ascorbic acid (vitamin C) which is in lemons, promotes wound healing and is an essential nutrient for maintenance of healthy bones, cartilage and connective tissue. As mentioned previously, vitamin C is also shown anti-inflammatory properties.
- Improved breath -. Besides fresher breath, lemons help relieve tooth pain and gingivitis. Note that citric acid can erode tooth enamel, so it is best to brush your teeth before drinking lemon water or wait a significant amount of time to brush your teeth afterward.
- Hydrates the lymphatic system -. Warm lemon water helps the immune system by hydrating and replenishing lost fluids in the body.